Best software for Mashup makers
Here's a quick bit of history. Our first famous product called Mixed In Key that revolutionized the DJ industry. Famous DJs like David Guetta started using it early, and told their friends about it - so it started catching on.
In this article, we'll explain how popular mashup and remix products are different from each other, so you can decide which one fits you:
1. Mixed In Key software for DJs
This is our most popular product. It analyzes your MP3 and WAV files, and detects their Musical Key, Energy Level, and Song Structure. This information transfers over to Serato, Traktor, Ableton Live, Pioneer DJ and other DJ tools. You can use Mixed In Key for the following tasks:
- Find songs in the same key, which you need to know to make mashups
- Sort your music collection by Energy Levels, so you can organized playlists by "Opening Music", "Middle of my DJ set", "Peak-time" and more
- Set automatic cue points inside each track, so your Verse/Pre-Chorus/Chorus structure is clearly marked
- Clean up and organize your ID3 tags, so you have the perfect meta-data inside each file
Mixed In Key is used by professional and celebrity DJs who integrate it with their Serato, Traktor, Ableton Live and other DJ software. It helps you find the key of your music, but it doesn't mix for you. You can use Ableton Live with Mixed In Key to create your own mashups.
2. Flow DJ software for Harmonic Mixing
This product is designed for 100% live, on-stage performance. Instead of having a Timeline view like our Mashup Software, Flow is a DJ mixing program with a layout like Serato and Traktor. Here's what you can in Flow DJ:
- Mix up to 8 songs at the same time for a live mashup effect
- Stay 100% in Key
- Quickly sample different parts of the same file, creating your own remix
- Use your favorite DJ controller like the Pioneer DDJ-SB. Flow supports the standard MIDI protocol
- Use all the best algorithms from Mixed In Key
Flow is all about Live performance. It's a more spontaenous way to make mashups and it allows you to play an entire DJ set that sounds more creative and technical than the usual Serato/Traktor performance. Visit the Flow DJ website to see more.
3. Mashup Software
Our goal with the Mashup app was to create an ultra-fast audio editor. We wanted to beatmatch our files in seconds and try different combinations of harmonic tracks. Making mashups is all about trial-and-error, and we felt that Ableton Live was too slow for that process. We made Mashup to speed up the creative process. You can drag files into it, analyze them automatically using Mixed In Key's algorithm, and quickly beatmatching everything in the simple timeline view.
It's like having a powerful editor with beatmatching already built-in.
If you want to create a memorable mashup that's hard to perform live, then our Mashup Software is the perfect solution for doing your homework. If you want to try using Flow and Mixed In Key software at the same time, you can get our Master Collection which includes ALL our products so you have the perfect tool for every occasion.
Read more about how to make your own remixes and edits: